Why should you be using email marketing?
You’ve done the work, set up a website, and are getting a steady stream of leads coming through your contact us page, but have you set up an email marketing strategy? Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective channels to grow your business but also help you get repeat customers. If that’s not a good enough reason to start your email marketing journey, email marketing helps you promote your full offer as well as build trust and credibility within your field.
How easy is it to do?
You may be thinking, “guys this sounds great, but I really don’t have the time to figure out how to do this email marketing thing?” Well, we’re here to tell you how easy it is to set up and do.
All you need to do is use our user-friendly platform. You can create your own subscription form without the help of a developer, that can be embedded onto your website with a few simple clicks. Once your subscription form is set up, people who visit your website will be able to easily sign up to your newsletter and automatically be added to your list. If you have an existing list and you’re moving from a previous email provider to Mail Blaze, all you need to do is export your list of email addresses from your current provider and upload it via a CSV file in our system.
The next step would be to create your very own email template that you can use for your campaigns. You can then just update your content when you want to send out a campaign, which will save you a lot of time. If you don’t want to design your own, you can pick from more than 140 templates that are available for free on our email marketing platform and customise it to suit your needs.
How do you start building your list?
Within the cleaning industry, it’s important to establish trust and credibility. This is because people are trusting you with their possessions and opening their homes or offices to you. The first place you can look to build your email list is by encouraging existing customers to sign up to your newsletter. These customers can be great advocates for your brand and can give you referrals.
The main thing you want to do to help you build your list is to capitalize on the website visits you are receiving. You should create something valuable that these visitors will want in exchange for their email addresses. In marketing we call these value-adds “lead magnets”.
Lead magnets for your cleaning business could include:
- 7 things to know before inviting a cleaner into your home
- 7 things to make your home more inviting
- COVID protocols we take to ensure your safety
Value adds or lead magnets are a great way to build your list, as people feel like they are already receiving something from you for free. It helps them connect with your brand and start imagining what value they could receive from you if they were to pay for your services.
If you attend any events, a great thing to help you build your list is to actually ask people to sign up to your newsletter to keep up to date with what you're doing and offering.
What makes it such a great marketing channel?
- All the data you gather through your email marketing efforts is yours forever. That’s right, your email list remains your own and you don’t need to keep up to date with algorithm changes like in other channels. This data can be used to enhance the performance of other campaigns you run.
- It really doesn’t have to take a long time to execute and set up.
- Email marketing is very cost-effective.
- Our platform makes it easy to create assets that you need to make your emails look great and you don’t even need to have a designer help you out. We have integrated with Canva and Pexels.
- Email can help you get more referrals as you can run forward-to-a-friend campaigns, making it easy for people to learn more about you.
- Most people check their emails daily, which means you have a more captive audience.
- You can send surveys through email marketing to help you enhance your service offering and even ask for reviews. This is a great way to hear what people want from you and to help you grow.
What types of emails can you send?
The possibilities are literally endless! You’ll want to use email marketing to connect with your subscribers and keep your brand top of mind when they need you. This could include emails talking about specific cleaning materials you use that sets you apart, or methods to how you clean. Other great content ideas are introducing the individual members of your team or highlighting how your service can improve your customers' lives.
Cleaning companies will often also send out fun content pieces that describe people’s individual cleaning style, or handy tips about how often you should be cleaning certain items in your home.
A great way to connect with your subscribers is to actually showcase how your service has improved the lives of existing customers through testimonials or case studies.
If you’re still stuck on what to send, we’ve created a list of things you can send to your subscriber throughout the year.
Email ideas you can use throughout the year
- Let us help your New Year’s Resolutions stick
- New Years party cleaning service
- Start the year off on the right foot
- Organise your home with these great tips
- Give the gift of free time - let us do the cleaning for you
- Will you be our valentine - here’s a discount for any bookings made during the month of February
- Saint Patrick's Day
- Easter savings are here
- Spend more time with your family and less time cleaning
- Mother’s Day gift voucher or special
- Happy Mother’s day
- Father’s Day gift
- Happy father’s day
- Mid-year mania
- Clean out your clutter, let’s help you
- Spring has sprung, time for some spring cleaning
- Spring Savings - just for you
- Black Friday specials - voucher deals
- Stress less about cleaning - we’re here to help
- Holiday themed special or promotion
Don’t delay, get started with your email marketing today.