BREAKING NEWS! We’ve integrated with Canva. Now it’s just so much easier to create beautiful assets for your campaign without leaving the Mail Blaze platform at all. The best part of it all...this new integration comes to you free of charge. That’s right, there’s no added cost to you to enjoy the incredible benefits Canva has to offer.
Canva has taken the world by storm as a platform created for non-designers to create beautiful assets easily, quickly and cost-effectively. From social media, presentations and now even email assets, Canva allows you flexibility and great direction to make sure any design you create shines. The great thing is that when you create assets using our Canva integration your assets are saved to your file manager, which makes it easy to add to your campaigns.
Just like Mail Blaze Canva has some amazing templates to help you get started, but you could also create your own custom sizes.
How does it work?
Login to your account and create a new template
Once you’re in your Mail Blaze account you’ll select your template. To illustrate, we used one of our preset templates as a base as shown below. Select your image or drag in an image content block where you choose. Now you’ll open the Mail Blaze File Manager.
![Mail Blaze Account Template!](https://control.mailblaze.com/frontend/assets/files/customer/jf541svlmkdc3/June_Article_Images/mailblazeintegrateswithcanva-160596.png"Mail Blaze Account Template")
Go to your File Manager
Once you are in your File Manager you’ll see a purple button named CREATE IMAGE with the Canva logo. Select this button now.
Create or Sign in to your Canva Account
You’ll now see a window pop up asking you to either LOG IN or SIGN UP. To show you what to expect we’ve added two screenshots of the windows that will appear.
You can sign up and log in through the following methods:
- Your Google Account
- Your Facebook Account
- Your Apple Account
Please note that you need to consent to Canva’s terms and conditions when you sign up. You can see their full terms and conditions here.
You are now logged into the Canva environment
Once you’ve logged in to your existing Canva account or you’ve created your Canva account, you will see that you are directed to the Email Header template section. You can now choose to create your email header here or navigate within the Canva environment to create a different sized image to insert into your campaign.
Create your beautiful design
Build your beautiful design. To illustrate, I created a simple email header named Fuelling Success to match our Mail Blaze branding. On the left-hand pane of the pop-up screen you will see that I have uploaded some of our brand assets to make the design process easier.
Now that I have placed all the text and design elements in my email header I’ll be ready to use my new design in the Mail Blaze platform.
Go ahead and select USE on the right-hand side.
Select your image in the File Manager
Your design has now been added to your File Manager. You can move it into your chosen folder or now simply click on your asset to add it to your design.
There are two ways to do this:
- You can double-click on your image.
- You can hover over the image and insert the image.
Voila - your image has now been added to your template
You have now successfully created and added your image to your email template.
To keep filling out your campaign you can just follow the same steps.
Benefits of using our new Canva integration:
- You can now easily design your assets to perfectly suit your email campaigns within your template.
- Now you don’t have to brief a designer to create your assets - you can do it yourself, saving you time. Furthermore you don’t need to have multiple tabs open and upload different assets into the file manager. It’s all done for you.
- Canva offers a free and paid for subscription. The free version of Canva has a myriad of features.
- There are thousands of templates that you can choose within Canva; you can even create GIFS and videos.
- Canva allows you to collaborate with your team, so they are able to create assets in Canva that are then easily accessible in your Canva account.
- No downloads required, just like Mail Blaze, Canva is completely online.
- You can upload your own images in Canva and manipulate them as needed.
- There are some great free tutorials and design learnings and resources available on Canva.
Tell us in the comments below what you think about our new Canva integration.